Squishy Face Studio Flirt Pole V2
Squishy Face Studio Flirt Pole V2
Want An Easy Way To Keep Your Dog Happy And Healthy In Less Than 10 Minutes A Day?
According to a 2012 survey conducted by the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, 53% of adult dogs were classified as overweight or obese by their veterinarian. In addition to the health concerns, many experts say that lack of exercise is a leading cause of hyperactive and destructive behaviour in dogs.
As the adopter of two beloved pit bull dogs, I'm always looking for ways to keep them well exercised. My busy schedule doesn't allow for the long walks recommended by professional dog behaviourists. I read about something called a flirt pole and thought it would be worth trying out. It works by converting the natural prey drive instinct in dogs into exercise as they attempt to catch the lure by sprinting, changing direction, and jumping.
So I bought one of the fiberglass rod flirt poles that are made in China. The good news is that the dogs went crazy chasing the lure. The bad news is that it lasted one day. One chomp on the tip of the rod and the fiberglass broke, splintering in my dog's mouth. I was angry and decided to design my own.
Sure, you can make a simple DIY flirt pole following instructions online. But I didn't want a simple flirt pole, I wanted the best flirt pole possible. So I developed the Squishy Face Studio Flirt Pole, which I truly believe is the ultimate dog exercise toy for busy people. Our Flirt Poles are made in the USA using components tested for durability, strength, safety and light weight.
Here are some features that make our Flirt Pole V2 the best:
- The only flirt pole on the market that uses bungee cord to prevent “whiplash” when lure is caught
- Perfect for people with limited mobility
- Our tough dog toys can be used with dogs of any size
- Also works great as a training tool and provides the mental exercise dogs need
- Regular size flirt pole has a 36” pole section and 52” cord
- Jr size available for smaller play areas with 24" pole and 42" cord
- Includes your choice of durable polyester lures in different colour combinations, with or without squeaker
- Easily change lures without the use of fasteners that can injure your dog's mouth
- Lightweight. The Flirt Pole with the included lure weighs less than one pound
- Soft, non-slip grip and wrist strap for easy handling
Imagine a quiet evening at home after a long, gruelling day at work. The only sound you hear is an occasional “snort, snort” and the muffled “fruff, fruff, fruff” of dream barking. Your furry best friend is sleeping like a log, tuckered out from playing with the Flirt Pole. You are relaxed too. Comforted knowing that you are helping your four-legged family stay happy and healthy while still having time to put your aching feet up and let your body soak into soft cushions. This could be your night too!
Safety Warnings & Tips
- We recommend briefly walking your dog both before and after using a flirt pole to help prevent muscle strains.
- Flirt Poles are powerful dog training devices and should be used responsibly. Never use for extended periods of time without letting your dog take breaks and drink water.
- Causing any dog to jump can be hazardous; especially dogs under one year of age, whose bones are still growing.
- Never use a flirt pole with dogs who have joint and/or hip problems.
- We highly recommend only using the Flirt Pole outdoors on a grass or earth surface.
- Wearing closed toe shoes is recommended if your dog has a tendency to run over your feet, with claws digging in, like ours do.
- Do not release your grip when your dog catches the lure. Letting go while the bungee cord is stretched can result in the pole section flying towards your dog at a high rate of speed.
- Never attach a hard or heavy lure to the bungee cord. If your dog releases it with the cord stretched, you will have a dangerous projectile flying towards you.
- The Flirt Pole is not designed to be used as a tug toy.
- Never let your dog play with the Flirt Pole unsupervised. It will not survive as a chew toy. Always put it away after use.
- Do not allow your dog to chew on the bungee cord. Check cord frequently for damage and discontinue use if damage is found.
- For best results, also use the Flirt Pole as a training tool. Train your dog to sit, lie down, and wait to go after the lure until you give the command to do so.
- Let your dog briefly catch the lure every few minutes and give them praise when they catch it, but then make them release the lure and start over.